Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Diapers at deep discounts

I would like to pass on a proven method to get a deep discount on diapers and even possibly free. Last month while shopping at one of the grocery stores I frequent, there was a package of diapers in the clearance cart that had been torn open. At first glance, the package appeared to be filled to capacity or at most, short a single diaper. It was a top brand name and happened to be the size my son wears. I was ecstatic when I noticed the new bright red price sticker that read $3.00. This was a package that would normally cost me $10.99 on a good day. Needless to say, I scooped it up before anyone else claimed my deal of the week.

Later that day, as I was delighting in my good fortune (anyone with a child in diapers knows why I am lingering in this) I thought, "Hey, does this happen each time they have a damaged package?" With 5 boys at home I'm at the grocery store much too frequently and have not noticed this before?"

The next day I put my thought to action. I went to speak with the store manager and shared a bit of my son's special history with him. He had a big smile on his face and called his manager in charge of daily inspection of damaged products. He introduced us and instructed her to "take good care of me". I call the manager twice a week now, on days she has specified and when she has opened packages of diapers that are the size we need she puts them aside at Customer Service for me to pick up. Depending on the size of the package, I am paying between 2.99-3.99 per package. I have just asked the manager if he would consider donating their store brand diapers in any size to the Orphan Baby Hospital in Donetsk, Ukraine as unlike the name brand diapers, they would normally dispose of any torn packages.

I encourage anyone who has this ongoing expense to visit your area grocery store that you frequent and excercise your consumer savvy.

PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR CURRENT FUNDRAISERS IN THE RIGHT SIDEBAR AND PASS THIS SITE ONTO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment